Apple has released a new version of Final Cut Pro X. 10.0.6 adds many new features. I have upgraded already and will report back on FCPX in a future post.
So let's take a quick look at the list of new features.
- Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precide editing of individual audio channels
- Unified import window for transferring media from both file based cameras and folders of files
- Redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations
- RED Camera support with native REDCODE RAW editing and optional background transcode to Apple ProRes
- MXF plugin support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using 3rd prty plugins.
- Dual Viewers each with video scope display, let you compare shots to match action & color
- Option to add chapter markers in the timelinefor export to video files, DVD and Blu-ray disc
- Range selection now preserves start and end points in the Event Browser andd allows you to create multiple range selections on a single clip (good)
- Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips (about time)
- Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline
- Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a singel keystroke
- Drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle and more
- New controls for combining audio from multiple angles within a Multicam Clip
- Compound Clip creation in the Timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects
- XML 1.2 featuring metadata import and export for richer integration with third party apps.
Apple have released a Knowledge Base article and it should be essential reading before anybody upgrades to 10.0.6. The article recommends backing up not only projects and events, but also the app as well.